Saturday, January 25, 2014

Choosing the Happy








Before Wyatt...before Chad...before thoughts of either, I was a serious dreamer....seriously delusional at times. I thank god everyday for giving me such forgiving and patient parents....my mom has heard it all come out of my mouth...and I'm only her first of 4! But it is truly amazing as to how quickly our dreams have a choice of turning into a path of reality or a path of "realization..??" 






I can admit I've done some very cool things in my life. I attribute that yet again to my encouraging family--they always smiled and acted like everything I said was possible, and some I did make possible...but now I look and laugh at how the "simplest dream" like waking up happy and healthy everyday can sometimes be the hardest.





It can be incredibly hard to be "happy." I'm writing this because as some of you know my husband and I are both Leos...(strong, creative, exciting, likable.....also, egocentric, stubborn, quick tempered....you get the point) try not to be too hard on us. Us Leos are hard enough on ourselves.....we are perfectionists you see.....all in our own way.



               One of my many faces towards Chad on "The Race" 


Chad and I have some of the same life problems, given through our day we live pretty different lives. Yes, we sleep in the same bed, share some of the same dreams, the same son and sometimes share dinner. But he is a Corporate Business Man, I right now stay home with Wyatt-while picking up a freelance clientele in Atlanta and exploring Wyatt's new ventures. Our jobs are nothing alike! We are so alike as people, but our approach to how we handle our feelings and being "happy" is soo incredibly different. Did anyone every get this warning label loud and clear before marriage? Hey, marriage is the best thing thats ever happened to you....but watch out it bites....and claws...and its also the hardest most exhausting beast ever--but the love is still there.....right?..I have grown to understand (and know I have a long way to go) that love is a choice. Just as happiness is a very clear and defined choice.


C and I have been together 4 years and still have problems with normal day to day things, but we have started reading a book for married christians (I know this sounds corny).....I already told you Im a self help nerd. It has worked. It's worked in a way of helping now more than ever , choosing happiness everyday....to choose to see happy things in Chad, help him see the happy things in him...happy things about Wyatt and most of all happy things about myself. I think choosing happiness everyday leads to great things...like those childhood dreams possibly creeping a way back into your life, maybe one day surfacing and giving birth to the idea that with the right mind you could have done "it" all along.

 Be Happy.





          Life is too short and too sweet not to be happy in every moment.

                Chad and his mom. (Joy Layne Jan 5 1960- May 3 2003)





                            Wyatt Layne




No comments:

Post a Comment