Friday, January 24, 2014

FIRST Blog in a Year!...Story of "THE Beginning"







Let me first start by saying this is the 3rd time I have typed this and I'm hoping the last (all others were suddenly deleted)  .......does it ever feel like something evil is literally
 always standing in your way of you doing something good?

Today has been one of these days. ....I might mention, this is the "first blog" that I have done in one year . (no judgement, its been a long year- I cannot have this excuse anymore though.) This is the beginning of what I believe will be a  very special and unique journey my husband and I will be taking with our 2 year old son Wyatt, who has just been diagnosed with Autism. Obviously we did not know this a year ago when I started this blog....and oh how I wish I would have been blogging then ...or journaling... or whatever. 

I do want to put out there though, for anyone/everyone that reads any of my writing should know that I do write how I speak. It is not perfect, nor am I trying to be...I do want to be real with our life and journey ...my journey as a wife...young woman also attempting to be the best/coolest/thriftiest/influential mom I can be, while maintaining my own morals and identity(something I always have thought is important). I will probably write, ramble, possible brag and complain on this blog....again, this blog is selfishly more for me to record everything.... learning in this process of life and Wyatt's journey :) 
....Yes, I will be posting makeup and hair fun here too , yay cant wait! but......

I think should start by introducing Chad and myself and "our start" before we became a family....



Chad and I (both Leo's....very scary at times) met when we were working for the same company in South Florida (IST Management-a wonderful company he still works for!)  , for better words---I was not looking for anyone, but yes God sent him to me...and I knew this was it.

 To flash forward 3 months I moved in with him and his room-mate in his condo in Hollywood, Florida.....I miss that place and those moments all the time (ahhhh the "newness" of a relationship, haha...also before kids)  I then decided to leave sales and do what I do best. Hair and Makeup....meanwhile, we then thought we were so smart by buying a "fixer-upper" rather than renting!!! Aren't we so cute and naive? This was around April 2010.  

While we were in the middle of closing on our first house in Fort Lauderdale we got casted to be on the CBS tv show "The Amazing Race Season 17" (with viewer discretion advised)....I should also mention I was Miss South Carolina USA 2009 and attempted to be on "The Race" with my best friend Miss Maine USA 2009, Ashley Underwood--we made alternates...however she made it on Survivor!!!(yes, she is amazing....more about her and all my awesome girlfriends soon.)

April 2010 we close on the house, and that same week leave for the taping of "The Race"  We travel the entire globe ..... ( I will have a few blogs explaining our adventures in as much detail as possible.) and we get back in June 2010 to a messy unpacked house--- so we head up to Orlando to be with family and buy the first addition to our family! Our baby Chinese pug Penelope!





 Next thing I know, I am at my first Florida Gators game that fall to find out I am pregnant! So we get back home and do the normal thing first time parents do.....

1. When should we get married? 
2. We need a new roof dont we? 
3. Holy crap are we having a baby!????






We decided to get married 2 months later in Ponte Vedra Florida, the most perfect wedding that Chads Aunts/Uncle and Family put together (I have the best inlaws ever.) ...and the best family and friends, all of my favorite people in the world did not complain or ask any questions, everyone came with such short notice.. ... and it was a very small wedding. Happiest woman alive in this picture (also 3 months pregnant).









On the way home from the wedding we had at least 10 phone interviews...one of which was for People Magazine! Crazy, huh? That's because "The Amazing Race" just started airing, and Chad proposed to me in Oman on the race!..... believe me when I say Chad and I were living a real life race.....and 2010 was surreal.




All was a "morning sickness" fog until May 31 2011 when we met sweet Wyatt Layne, who is my biggest inspiration for this blog. A lot has happened since we have had him, but now we find ourselves becoming settled in Atlanta, Georgia. Chad recieved an amazing promotion with IST Management and I have decided to stay home with Wyatt as we unravle this journey through ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) testing and therapies. I will also be freelancing with my biggest passion hair and makeup with my company, Swashbuckle & Row.  We know Atlanta is a place we plan on calling home forever. I am super excited to blog as much as possible...about randomly everything. Hope you enjoy.


One very messy room...and very pregnant me.



                
Our Wyatt in the NICU,  and at one month.



Flashing forward to this Christmas In Jacksonville with Grammy and Grampy. (he loves that pool)



This was after waking up in our new Atlanta apartment for the first time! (it was cold and we were tired, but still very excited )




Wyatt has adjusted to living here and is loving it so far :)



1 comment:

  1. Love you and this blog! So glad you were there on our special day for emotional and beauty support! Glad you are sharing everything, such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete